Source: Kookmin Ilbo
BTS fans are ready to move the stock market.
According to a CNBC article on the 25th titled, “BTS fans have jumped into a group of private stock investors in Korea,” Army (BTS’ fan club) are likely to participate in general investor subscriptions next week, further raising Big Hit‘s initial public offering price.
Kim Eun-hee (51) who runs a BTS themed cafe in Seoul stated, “ARMY are fiercely competing to secure stock next week. I want to buy stocks and show my support to BTS.”
In addition, a 28 yr old banker identified by his surname “Park” reportedly took out a personal loan of $100,000 to participate in the public offering while Kim Seo-hyun (12) asked her parents to buy a share of the shares so that “she can meet BTS members at future shareholders’ meetings.” Fortune business magazine also reported that another Army will take out a private loan to buy shares in the company.
Foreign media stated “the phenomenon is more than just betting on corporate earnings.” Fortune magazine stated, “For Army, the purchase of Big Hit shares is a sign of their sacrifice. Black Lives Matter that interfered in Donald Trump’s campaign are now also pouring their organizational and financial power to Army since they raised millions of dollars for the protest.”
Many are predicting that Big Hit subscriptions next week will likely surpass previous record set by Kakao Games earlier this month who attracted 58 trillion won investment, the largest ever.
- [+417, -43] BTS’ bubble burst is imminent…
- [+149, -3] Fan sentiment and investment are two different things..
- [+138, -25] They’re really using their fan club to boost their IPO price…pathetic. ARMY is not some tribute they can sacrificeㅡㅡ;;
- [+146, -38] I think the person that gave that statement is mistaken because the biggest percentage of BTS fans are in their 20s and 30s and yet their treating us like ppasoonies who are breaking the backs of our parents to support BTS. At least 40% of us have the economic ability to purchase the stocks on our own.
- [+92, -6] I feel like without ARMY the mood isn’t goodㆍㆍㆍㆍ
- [+21, -3] Big Hit knows this is their best chance of getting listed but BTS has already hit their peak. If the company fails to produce another group at BTS level they won’t be able to hold out this momentum and price will fall. If you rush in to buy stock right now you’ll get bitten. It’s best not to invest right now.
- [+12, -2] They’ll get it when reality hits..