Actor Kim Jung-hyun has apologized for his actions toward Seohyun and drama staff.
In a handwritten apology delivered to reporters on the 14th, the actor stated, “‘Time’ was a meaningful project to me as it was the first time I played a leading role in a drama as an actor. However, I caused great disappointment and hurts to the director, writers, fellow actors and staff. I’m sorry.”
He also addressed his actions at the production presentation stating, “Memories from that ‘Time’ production presentation are like a piercing splinter. I’ll never be able to forgive myself for acting like that. I have so much regret and wish I could turn back time. I did such a shameful thing because of personal issues. As a protagonist and actor, I couldn’t even fulfill my responsibilities. I apologize without any excuse.”
“The whole process of me getting off the drama and my actions at the production presentation were just wrong. I sincerely apologize to actress Seohyun who was hurt by all that and to all the people that suffered because of it. I think I need to visit the people in charge of ‘Time’ and anyone that suffered any hurts and apologize directly. Even if it takes a long time, I’ll find all the staff and ask for forgiveness.”
Regarding his contract dispute with his agency he stated, “I want to apologize to my current company O& for my inconsiderate actions. I’m sorry to Culture Depot for mentioning them in such a disgraceful manner. I sincerely apologize to the fans who have always supported me and waited for me.”
“I bow my head and ask for forgiveness to all those who felt discomfort because of me. While writing this, I reflected on my mistakes and wrongdoings. If I have a chance, I won’t take anything for granted ever again and will always try to be a healthy actor that reflects and manages himself. I’m sorry.”
- [+1,404, -19] Even if you’ve got zero sense of awareness, as a lead actor you’re still the anchor of the drama. What about the poor writers, directors, lighting staff, sound, props etc. that suffered because of you? And to think you acted like that on set because Seo Ye-ji told you to..ugh if this is what you think of the acting profession then never act ever again…ridiculous!
- [+465, -8] Ah참…you seemed like a decent person, but…no matter how infatuated you get of a woman, a drama set is not some school playground where you can act however you wantㅉㅉㅉ
- [+449, -14] “I will be born again as a healthy actor”..ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ. That’s ok, we don’t want to see a mojiri like you ever again!!! It’s time to take all mojiri trash out!!
- [+385, -8] You don’t deserve to return to acting. What kind of actor has no self-esteem or sense of responsibility and pride in his work? What kind of home did you grow up in where you were taught to ruin the hard work of actors and staff who risked their lives all because of your private love games. I honestly thought you were a good and unique actor but to see you act like that I have no trust left for someone that can change up his actions at the words of his lover..
- [+239, -9] So pathetic…why live like that.
- [+71, -8] “I’ll become a healthy actor” ㅋㅋ . Its ok, you don’t have to. No one cares if you become some grand actor. Does a handwritten apology fix everything you did ㅋㅋ
- [+60, -2] Nugu?
- [+57, -1] Are you going to take responsibility for the viewership ratings dropping because of all the edits that had to be made to the script..? It’s surprising that the broadcasting and production company kept you around even after you made them run around doing this and that. Don’t come out! If you’re not well, take a permanent rest.
- [+59, -7] ㅋㅋㅋ You’re done, goodbye. There’s no way you can come out of this now unless evidence comes out that Seo Ye-ji held you for billions of dollars of ransom or she kidnapped you, threatened or killed someone in your family..
- [+43, -4] If you’ve got any sense of shame left, please exit the industry!
Additional source: Chosun Biz