There is a documentary about K-pop made through YouTube Originals. The premiere episode for the installment series was posted on the 31st for free, anyone can watch it.
They introduce the representative singer of K-pop in this order “SuperM→Blackpink→BTS,” are they serious ㅋㅋ? From that alone I knew it was a joke.
|YouTube Original caption: “K-pop super group ‘Super M’ gets nominated for a Grammy Award|
????When the truth is they’ve never even ranked on the Top 200 Billboard?
This is a video that was posted two days ago announcing BTS as the Grammy candidate and performer.
But BTS’ intro is too short compared to SuperM and the BGM (background music) is SuperM’s Jopping???
As they talk about Billboard’s Grammy predictions, they never once mention BTS, the first K-pop artist to be nominated for a Grammy even though at the end of the video they share cuts of BTS from the Grammy award ceremony.
Super M 1:10-1:25 (stage video, members behind the scenes, etc.)
Black Pink 1:26-1:30 (stage video, MV video, etc.) Talk show appearance, etc.)
BTS 1:31-1:34 (2 members make an appearance per above pic)
As expected, comments from foreign fans are already overflowing saying “SM paved the way” ㅋㅋ.
+ This is the history of K-pop you’re talking about so why is Red Velvet even coming out there…? And then SuperM gets shown last too…seriously this is just ㅋㅋ
++ And this Melon comment…what the f*** is this logic. Please get yourself examined ㅋㅋ
- [+410, -18] This is a bit embarrassing especially knowing American fans are going to see this,,,
- [+345, -14] SM is probably bitter and feels like its so unfair. That’s why they’re doing thisㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- [+319, -17] Well this is SM, they’re always like this.
- [+168, -10] SM goes around pretending like they don’t care about BTS and don’t feel inferior to themㅋㅋㅋ but in reality they want Grammy so bad that they’d resort to thisㅉㅉ so ugly of them
- [+146, -2] This is a bit ridiculous even as an ARMY. If SM knew of this and did nothing and still pushed their singers there then they deserve the hate they’re getting. I’m honestly sick and tired of fighting with that fandom.
- [+120, -0] I think they’re jealous BTS was able to advance so quickly and made such huge achievements that they even got a Grammy nod, something none of their groups have been able to achieve. They probably think the nomination went to the wrong groupㅋㅋㅋㅈㄴso ridiculousㅋㅋㅋㅋ영 I watched the video too and they introduced BTS in 3-secs and cut to something else without commentㅋㅋㅋBlackpink at least got 5 secsㅋㅋㅋ They’re showing it like its an actual K-pop documentary when really its just SM content? Even from watching in the beginning I was curious why SuperM was being introduced and had such a prominent presence in the documentary when they’re talking about history of K-pop..?
- [+122, -0] I remember when BTS headlined Kcon LA in 2016 and it was broadcast in Korea. They edited it to show an SM artist in the ending cuts.
- [+93, -2] This is like the Chinese trying to steal our Kimchi and Hanbokㅋㅋ
- [+77, -0] The fact that 4 out of 6 teams in that video are SM artists is basically proof that SM’s hands are all over thisㅋㅋ.