Source: Sports DongA
Police have arrested two famous idol group members for illegal “avatar” gambling.
According to an exclusive report by MBC’s ‘News Desk’ on the 25th, two famous idol group members, popular in Japan, were investigated by police in September for gambling tens of thousands of won.
During investigation, it was revealed that one of them gambled online in Korea using so called “avatar” method where a local casino in the Philippines airs footage of the gambling venue in a live broadcast and participants in Korea designate someone at the casino as their “avatar” who they instruct to place bets on their behalf. Since there’s no need to pay airfare to travel abroad, thousands of people have flocked to this “remote gambling” method.
In addition to the idol group members, police discovered that famous actors and gangsters were also found to be listed on the online gambling list. Amounts gambled totaled over 800 billion won.
Police have reportedly forwarded over 100 people including the two idol group members to prosecution for illegally gambling overseas and plan to conduct further investigations to reveal the other celebrities.
1. [+519, -4] Whenever these scandal articles say “famous” idols they’re usually not famous
2. [+498, -7] Why not just say publicly reveal their names…it’s Supernova’s Yoonhak and Sungjae
3. [+256, -6] Reveal their names and kick them out of the entertainment industry…
4 .[+112, -6] Huh?? What is this? Didn’t this come out a few months ago already ㅋㅋ
5. [ +47, -2] Supernova
6. [+32, -0] Please stop adding “famous idol” tag to a nugu group like Supernova
7. [+17, -0] How are they famous ㅋㅋ. They’re nugus in Korea
8. [+9, -1] ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Supernova… wow~~~ are they considered a popular group!? ㅋㅋㅋ ~Xxxxxxx ㅎㅎㅎㅎ to the new generation of idols they’re basically nugus..
Additional Source: MBC